2017,

Cebu Adventures: Aguinid Falls and Hidden Falls

7:28 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Hello everyone!

This is #2of my Cebu Adventures series. To read about the beginning of my trip, click here: Cebu Adventures #1

I mentioned in my previous post that I went chasing after turtles on Saturday morning. Later that afternoon, my family and I decided to chase waterfalls. Our room for the weekend was located in Moalboal and the waterfalls we wanted to see were located at Samboan (about two hours by car).  My family and I met someone who was from the south of the island who took us to our next destinations- Aguinid Falls and Binalayan Falls. The drive south wasn’t too bad. We took a scenic route that passed views of the ocean and roads shadowed by tress. We arrived at Samboan around 2pm and we decided that we needed a good amount of time to complete the falls.

Aguinid Falls was a whole lot of fun. Aguinid Falls originally has 8 levels, but when we did the tour, there were only 6 levels open. I would love to give a big shout out to our two tour guides who made our experience memorable. They were patient with us, helped us through the challenges, and took so many photos for all our different cameras. Of course, I was the only one daring enough to climb the waterfall and enter the cave just to take pictures. Also, I got to slide down the boulders so that was a thrill on its own. We took longer at Aguinid Falls than we anticipated.

The second fall we visited the for the day is called Binalayan Falls aka Hidden Falls. Since we took a bit more time at Aguinid Falls, we had limit time at Hidden Falls since the sun was setting.  Before starting the trek to Hidden Falls, you need to pass a pathway of trees, which you have the option to either walk through it or ride motorcycles. Since we were running out of time, we decided to ride motorcycles. Once we started the hike, we hurriedly walked towards the waterfall since that was what we were excited to see most. When we arrived, one of the tour guides asked me if I was afraid to jump. Me? Afraid to jump? I’ve jumped off waterfalls, gone skydiving, and cliff diving, so I’m pretty sure I can jump this waterfall. What I didn’t expect were the different levels off the side to jump from. I started at the first level, made it to the second, and even did the third. When I finished, the tour guide tells me there was one more. I had to jump out of a hole! That was a surprise. But I guess what... I DID IT! It was exhilarating. Now see all the captured moments for yourself.

Aguinid Falls




Hidden Falls


If you ever find yourself at the south of Cebu, I recommend visiting Aguinid Falls and Hidden Falls! Aguinid Falls is really nice to take pictures at because of all the different waterfalls you pass by in order to get to the big waterfall. Hidden Falls is just as beautiful because when you see the three different falls all flowing at the same waterfall, it's kind of amazing how the water stays separated. Next up? Sharks. Or maybe whales. Catch you later!

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." 

You Might Also Like

0 comments: